Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Shuffle Mode Worship


We all get in ruts in life. Ways of doing things that can block out fresh ideas, visions, and even words from God. I was listening to my ipod the other day on shuffle mode. Where it randomly plays songs. It was amazing. Song after song popped up that blessed my heart. Songs that I would never have found and picked, but they were there. Jewels hiding in a hard drive awaiting the appropriate time and place to reveal their beauty.

Some times when we only do certain songs in worship, we hinder those kind of pearls.
It's like picking up your Bible and only reading the Psalms. There is so much more there. Now I'm not advocating always doing popcorn scripture reading because systematic study is certainly important. But can a painter really shine with only one color of paint? Something to ponder.

1 comment:

kd said...

loved it. I rarely do popcorn Scriptures, but Ps 30 and Jer 31 have come in handy this week, need to rely on them daily. Also, I love doing shuffle too, you find random songs that are great!
see you saturday